- You are: an expert on Carbon Offset methodologies
- You have done: at least one Carbon Offset project
- You have worked with: CAR, Verra, Gold Standard, Puro Earth or ACR
- You're eating for breakfast: PDDs and feasibility studies
- Job Type: Full-time remote
- Salary: Base salary per year + equities
The Carbon Project Development Expert will be part of the GRAIN leadership team and will work directly with the GRAIN Product Owner to provide specifications on the carbon offset project development process. We are looking for a candidate that has experience with either nature-based or techno-sequestration carbon credit methodologies.
- Provide expert insight into the project development process.
- Specify for one given methodology the input required for creation of a feasibility study and project design document.
- Design the calculation elements based on inputs to provide the effective output in the form of a Project Design Document.
- Structure the design of a standard Project Design Document based on the output.
- Lead build of project design document consulting function (Insource or outsource).
- Recently worked on developing carbon offset projects, including the development of feasibility studies, project design documents and verification reports, with a strong preference for nature-based solutions (i.e., Forestry, biochar, blue carbon, etc).
- Worked closely with one or more certification bodies in the Voluntary Carbon Market.
- Deep understanding of at least one methodology.
- Experience sourcing new carbon project opportunities, including identification of new restoration land, or other types of opportunities.
- Has a wide network of project owners, project developers, standards and other key Voluntary Carbon Market (VCM) stakeholders.
You may have
- University degree in engineering, carbon science or related field.
- Revising, editing, or creating a new methodology.
- Experience engaging with carbon offset investors and/or buyers
Who we’re looking for:
- A passionate individual who is looking to make an impact by solving real barriers to accelerating decarbonization. .
- Someone excited to work in a start-up environment but have access to a state-of-the art support system, through Greentown Labs and Schneider Electric..
- We’re easy to do business with – We meet the customers and partners where they are. We make it easy for them by going the “extra mile.”
- We take ownership of mistakes and learn from them – We are not afraid to take initiative and try new things.
- We have conviction in our beliefs and support them with data – We are flexible enough to change our minds when the data is convincing.
How to apply?
Contact us at jobs at grainecosystem dot com
GRAIN is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. In the near term, this role will be performed remotely from anywhere within North America, provided the candidate can be available for the most part during east coast business hours. To apply please send your resume and a brief cover letter to jobs at grainecosystem dot com explaining why you are the right candidate for this role. Please state the job title in the subject line.